What Is The Right Way Of Selecting Skincare Products?
How to Choose Skin Care Products: Tips for All Skin Types
Ever found yourself confused about things related to skincare that you hear in all the commercials? Everywhere you turn, even on the internet, companies are advertising their skincare products that promise to be a game-changer for your skin and appearance. All the information can be pretty overwhelming, right?
Unfortunately, there are many beauty products cheap and expensive recently launched that leaves us more confounded. With countless products available for both men and women, one might find it difficult to select the best option. The most important thing to remember when searching for the right personal care products is to trust yourself because no one knows your skin better than you. If you follow your skin’s requirements and carefully read the labels of different products, you will be able to get the right products that are made for you.
From the right face wash to scrub to the perfect moisturiser, you will find all of them at your perusal if you do the research. Baffled? Don’t know from where you start? Right here! Follow these few things to understand which skincare products are perfect for your skin.
However, as a precautionary measure be sure to check with your dermatologist or physician if there are specific problems with your skin.
What Skin Type Do I Have?
You can only seek out the best personal care products if you know your skin type. Thus, figuring out whether you have dry, normal, oily, sensitive, or combination skin is the first step towards revamping your skin. Do you know that different skin types interact with the products you use?
- For oily skin you can use products contains Benzoyl Peroxide and Alpha Hyaluronic Acid. For example, our Hyaluronic Acid day cream can do wonders for your skin!
- For dry skin, you can use products made up of green tea, jojoba oil, shea butter or lactic acid. Make them your best friends and see what magic they can do to your skin! Don’t forget to see our section of recommended skincare products for dry skin!
- For sensitive skin, the lesser ingredients you choose the better impact it will have on your skin. Some of the best-suited elements for this skin type are aloe, chamomile, green tea etc. Have you heard our green tea and chamomile face pack is a lifesaver for all your sensitive skin issues?
- For normal skin, almost everything and anything suits this particular skin type. So, how do you feel to be god’s favourite child? Try our Deep pore cleanser to make your skin flawless and dirt-free!
- For combination skin, you can use lactic acid that helps dead and dry skin cells to shed, while hyaluronic acid improves the skin’s ability to retain hydration. Have we told you before that our dry skin combination range is the best all over?
3 Tips for Choosing Skin Care Products
1. Ingredients are the key
Once you know your skin type, don’t jump on the bandwagon directly as we know it is easy to get carried away with the packaging, mind-boggling reviews, or your favorite beauty blogger recommendations. Even the best of beauty ingredients can do more harm than good, if they don’t sit well on your skin. It is essential to look for the ingredients and how effective they are for your skin type. Make sure you don’t buy a product which has ingredients that you are allergic to! After all, no one wants an unnecessary derma visit!!
2. Always do a patch test
Testing the product is as important as getting to the ingredients and formulations. Watch out for instant or after hour allergies, redness, itchiness, and immediately discontinue in case of any discomfort.
Looking at the rise in skin sensitivity cases and the urgency for strict hygiene measures, many brands have introduced their tester packages solely for this purpose.
3. Follow clean beauty ethics
No matter how pricey or non-pricey personal care products you are purchasing, always stick to the beauty ethics which are:
- Make sure the product is made from natural products
- Make sure it should be dermatologically tested
- Make sure it is non-GMO
- Make sure it is lab tested
- Make sure it is cruelty-free (after all no one likes to harm animals for their benefit, isn’t it)?
As the global wave of wellness, clean beauty practices have significantly carved their way into the industry and so are the eco-friendly resources that not only save the environment but also builds better and effective beauty products.
If you are committed to having healthy and glowing skin, these are some of the tips that come in handy. Once you start taking care of your skin with the right personal care products, it will pay up in the long run in helping you get the unique and flawless skin you always have desired. From now onwards, there is no looking back, fellas!!!