Tips To Protect Your Skin And Hair From Holi Colors
The festival of colors Holi is celebrated in all parts of India. This vibrant festival is celebrated by applying and playing with colors. Its time of the year where you will find shopkeepers selling colors but be aware of harsh chemicals these colors have which can cause harm to hair and skin.
Some of the damages caused by Holi colors are:
- Redness in the eyes
- Excess intake of these colors can directly affect your lungs
- Chlorine and Iodine can also cause asthma
- Cause harm to skin and hair
So let’s know how one can protect its hair and skin with these harmful chemicals mixed in colors. There are some tips which you can follow before stepping out to play Holi.
- Moisturize your skin properly- The chemicals present in colors can make your skin dry and flaky. Hence, it is necessary to moisturize your skin properly so that it can act as a barrier and protect your skin from any damage. If your skin is extremely moist, then the Holi colors are much less likely to bind to the pores. Also along with moisturizer do not forget to apply sunscreen as UV rays might harm your skin. You can go for a gel based hydrating moisturizer as it will not only moisturize your skin but will also provide hydration & protection.
- Oil your hair- In order to protect your hair from hair fall apply adequate amount of oil in the scalp. This will help in washing away the colors easily from your hair and won’t damage it. Also make sure before playing you tie a bun to not only prevent hair breakage but also to keep it stylish. Loose hair is more prone to breakage. Two types of hair oil will protect your hair- Coconut and both Onion Ginger. These are the best oil for hair protect from any chemicals.
- Wear sunglasses- It may sound a simple technique, but sunglasses are really helpful in Holi celebrations. The fact that nobody wants to get dark circles or any form of dark stain under their eyes, itself calls for the necessity to wear sunglasses. It will protect your eyes, and also your facial skin. So, this Holi, try this simple technique to protect your hair and skin.
- Use organic and natural colors- During Holi; markets are flooded with varieties of colors. Try to avoid chemical colors and go for natural colors. This will not harm your skin and will wash away easily. The synthetic colors are very tough to rub them of from your skin. Hence, the color stays in your skin and hair for longer time and cause harm to your skin.
- Cover it Up- The month of Holi is also the beginning of hot and humid weather. When the mercury level is high it’s also important to protect hair against sun damage. One of the ways to do it is by covering the hair. Opt for a bandana, which is quite in trend this season, or wear a cap, a look that also resonates with the Holi vibe!