11 Well-tried Edges Of Olive Oil
People all over the world are getting conscious about their health and want to eat the right food. They want to cook food in healthy oil and now a days Olive Oil is used in almost every house. Olive oil is largely known as one of the best fats you can eat, particularly for heart health.
What are the 5 main health benefits of olive oil?
- May improve heart health- Olive oil is a key component of the Mediterranean diet, and there has been plenty of research conducted that demonstrates its benefits (especially that of EVOO) for heart health. This includes its ability to reduce blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels, both of which contribute to a reduced risk of heart disease. A large review of these studies demonstrated how olive oil was the only source of monounsaturated fat associated with a reduced risk of both stroke and heart disease.
- It strengthens bones- Olive oil can be used to get stronger bones. If you consume olive oil, you will have high amounts of osteocalcin in your body which can help in the formation of healthy bones. People who have weak bones are always recommended to have olive oil as it will make the bones strong.
- Source of Monosaturated fatty acids: Looking to shed some extra pounds? Switch to a diet that has least intake of trans fats. Olive oil is profuse with monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), a healthy fat that helps battle heart disease, cholesterol, and even blood sugar. Experts suggest that it is higher in MUFAs than sesame, coconut, rapeseed, sunflower and corn oil!
- May protect against chronic disease- Other early research has suggested that olive oil and its high polyphenol content may have a protective effect against type-2 diabetes and some forms of cancer. However, more research is needed before definitive conclusions can be drawn.
- It helps in weight loss- Who don’t want to get the perfect body? Losing weight is not easy but, if you replace your regular oil with olive oil for cooking, you can actually lose weight faster! Cook your favorite foods in it or drizzle it over your salads to lose weight. This will help in reducing fat in a healthy way.
Besides, being a healthy oil it is also beneficial for skin. Benefits for Skin
Olive oil is packed with healthy vitamins, fats, and antioxidants, and these components can contribute to healthier-looking skin. It moisturizes skin by locking in moisture, and its antioxidants can help to improve signs of aging.
Below are the skin benefits of olive oil:
- Moisturizes skin
- Reduces signs of aging
- Fights oxidative stress
- Increases collagen
- Cleanses skin
- Lowers risk of acne
- Promotes wound healing
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevents pressure ulcers